Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Back


Where have you been? you ask.  Working and vacationing.  Even though I've retired from teaching I've been doing a lot of ,and I mean a lot of substitute teaching.  For the last 7 weeks I have been teaching 1st graders.  In March, I spent 3 days in Ft. Lauderadale with  a dear friend. This year for Spring Break I headed back to Barbados. The first week I spent with my son, and the second week was spent with my daughter. Of the 2 weeks, 3 days were spent with both adult kids. Needless to say I had a FANTASTIC time.  This is my son, Steve, heading out into the world famous surf spot, known as the Soup Bowl, in Barbados.My daughter, Erica, and I went to an  orchid garden. Breath takingly beautiful. In May, my daughter and I flew up to Buffalo, N.Y. to attend my neice's bridal shower. Back to Buffalo the first week in July for the wedding.



 This was the mug rug I made for Aunt Pitty Pat's Easter mug rug and mug swap

Joined this swap . 5 blocks finished. My theme is Candy corn.  I just love this stuff. I can feel my sweet tooth aching.


Simple-Things-Quilt-Along-Mouse-logoParticipating  in Kelly of Charming Chatter's quilt along.  I've never sewed 1 1/2 inch squares. Wish me luck.  So far it isn't going so well.  The white fabric I ordered, White Snow by MODA, isn't a bright white. Went to JoAnn's Fabric to pick up 2 more yards of white. Found it, but the 50% off coupon I took, wasn't valid until Sunday, and I was there on Saturday.

Just 6 more days of school!
Promise to be better at keeping up the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment