Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shop Hopping

Last Thursday I drove to Williamsburg to catch up with a friend.  We had a lovely lunch and did some shopping.  I continued on to Virginia Beach for a visit with my son.  But, before heading to his place, I stopped at What's Your Stitch'N Stuff.  If you are ever in the area, take a side trip and give them a visit.  I guess I didn't spend enough. I must have angered the Quilting goddess. Just as I was leaving the store it began raining.  It rained so hard I couldn't see where I was going.  What would be no more than a 30 minute drive turned into a 2 hour drive.  The road I needed to be on was flooded for 20 blocks plus.  I had to head back from whence I came, and circle around and approach fromm the East. 

On Friday, I headed out to visit 2 more quilt shops. One in Chesapeake, VA and the other in Portsmouth, VA.  I couldn't find either of these shops. The directions I printed out didn't get me there, nor did my GPS.  CURSED!
Saturday was spent on the beach, watching dolphins, and soaking up the rays.  Headed home after an early dinner with my son, Steve.

Monday put me back in the car.  This time I was quilt shop hopping with my friend, Joy.  We went to a shop in Purceville, VA called Web Fabrics.  This was another adventure. Joy thought I was driviing, and I thought she was driving.  Neither one of us had directions.  She sort of knew where we were going.  After a stop at the 7-11, in Purceville,  for a look at the phone book, and a call to her husband we were on our way. She thought it was on Main St.  It was several blocks off of Main St.
WEBFABRICS.com

116 North Bailey Lane
Purcellville, VA 20132
1-540-751-2069
 $200.00 later...
Stopped for lunch at a small Greek/Italian Deli. I had a great shopping day.

1 comment:

  1. You will have to share some photos of the goodies you bought in that shop!! :)

    SheilaC

    PS Thank you for voting for my Swanky Quilt :)

    ReplyDelete