The summer cold I have is almost gone. It slowed my progress. Hopefully I'll get caught up today. Last night, I worked on piecing the 3 1/2 in pieces together. Boy was I LUCKY!!!! It matched up with only about a1/4th of an inch that will need to be cut off. I did it the Polish way. I can hear you saying, "What technique is this?" The Polish way is: piece a few of the strips, place it along the edge of the quilt top ; add a few more pieces, (these are not sewn together , yet) Continue in this manner until you get to the end of the quilt top. Now, if you have too much at the end, adjust the strips prior to sewing - sew a few strips with a wider seam allowance; if your strip doesn't quite reach the end, sew the seams a bit smaller. I didn't need to do either. Lucky me.
Not bad for my first attempt at quilting!
Off to to Jo-Ann's to pick up some fabic to make slipcovers for my outdoor patio furniture cushions, and some for my daughter's cushions, as well. Her covers will be a Christmas gift. I'll post fabric choices later.